Actually, I think the opposite will happen. Manufacturers generally
design for a five year life-cycle use. Obsolescence generally is built
into the rig by simply using proprietary or custom designed  parts. I
suspect the K3, Flex, and Orion bandwidth algorithm probably can be
changed with a simple software download. The PRO III is bandwidth
algorithm is done in firmware and not easily changed by the customer.
Regulation by bandwidth probably would be a boom for new manufacturer
production. I would suspect manufacturers would fully support it down the
road.

Pete, wa2cwa