Sorry Chuck but I'm not a spokesperson for the ARRL They have their own
people to do that when they feel it's appropriate. As a member, the ARRL
is my representative and spokesman in arenas where I have limited or no
access.

You said:  "I'm a simple ham who knows how to make a transmitter and
receiver work and who is not afraid to experiment to improve that
process.  I wish to continue in the mode/emission manner  that works well
for me and many other hams worldwide.  I don't think  the ARRL leadership
is even remotely aware of the operating pleasure/challenges that many of
us encounter daily on the active ham bands."

In my opinion, I don't see anyone stopping you from continuing to what
you like to do as part of your ham radio activities.

You said: The "real" (ed. "real" I'll assume this is your own personal
definition) ham who can build a transmitter and receiver is ignored.  CW
is archaic!  A.M. is simply  a  bunch of guys who reject change.  To me,
there is something inherently wrong with this."

Lovers of homebrew, CW, AM, Digital, QRP, Packet, Contesting, traffic
nets, etc. are all "special interest" groups of ham radio operators. The
ARRL has said on a number of occasions that as long as there is interest
in these activities, the ARRL will continue to support them. The "etc"
probably includes dozens and dozens more. Trying to maintain an equitable
support for all them at the same time can be a monumental task even for
the ARRL.

Pete, wa2cwa