I agree with TreKing.

The marketplace is generally speaking pretty crap. I think we're all
in agreement with that. Poor search, full of low quality apps and
spam. Difficult to navigate.

As for the character limit - 325 is way too little because you need to
include text that users search for. I have a traffic cams app and
since there are no tags, I need to include the list of cities I
support. That is because users tend to search for "traffic cams
Philly".

What I am strugging to understand, is why some are so against
increasing the limit? Their argument is that writing too much
information is bad for marketing the product and less is more. I am
not going to say if they are right or wrong as I do not know. However,
if the limit on the description was increased, we'd have two
scenarios.

1. Those who think the 325 limit is fine, and that less is more, can
still continue to write less.
2. Those who want to go into great detail can type away at their
leisure.

So both sets of people can do what THEY want to do. At the moment
people in category 2 can't. We say the biggest reason we like Android
better than IOS is because we are able to what we want and not what
Jobs decides so this needs to change.