Isn't that only because the APK gets decrypted and written to "disk"
as opposed to only being done in transient memory as the application
is launched?  There's an application startup overhead obviously to
decrypting the APK on-the-fly, but seems like a much higher bar than
just cp /data/app/foo.apk...

Dave