I submitted SayMyName. It reads the name of the caller aloud, so you
don´t have to look at your phone´s display.

It´s very useful if you can´t see your phone at the moment, but want
to know who´s calling.
Also perfect for using your phone eyes-free (e.g. for blind people).

Website:
http://code.google.com/p/roadtoadc/

I think I will add a video later!

The official market-descrition:

--
Want to know who´s calling? This app will tell you!

The app reads the name saved in your adressbook and tells you who´s
calling

Please send me your ideas and feedback :)

**You will be prompted to install TTS**
--

The description of the ADC-Version (called SayMyName ADC) is
different, but i can´t see it because of the deadline ;)

I code on Android for 3 months and I like it very much :)
Hopefully there will be an ADC3 next year!

App-History:
The first versions ( < 2.0 ) were very rough and bad. I got a lot of
bad comments and votings for that. It was because of a bad number-
identification and no checking for installed TTS (Text-to-Speech-
Library is needed to use this app).

Unfortunately there is a bug. If another app uses TTS, SayMyName will
not work until the whole application gets restarted (reboot phone or
kill my app using a task-manager).

If my app is good enough to reach the second round, i will fix this
bug and add new features, like the option to use your own voice,
instead of the "robo-voice".

I don´t think i win a price at ADC2, but i hope i get a lot of
feedback and new ideas.

Tom