Forgive me if there is a very obvious answer to this question, but I want to
have the best answer possible.

>I must implement a system that needs to store some information at some
times in application lifetime.
>This information must not be deleted / modified in any way because of
security issues (the user could trick the system).

This is a scenario that is very similar to using APIs with secret keys.
I , as a developer, have been given a secret key that is required for the
API.
I code that secret key into my app. * String secretKey="mysecretkey";*

Given the ability to decompile .dex files, is this secure enough?

I can think of other ways to do this, but what are the recommendations. I've
looked at the Android Security FAQ and googled  for an anwer.
Thanks,
Carmen
--
Carmen