Hi,

> I code that secret key into my app. * String secretKey="mysecretkey";*
>
> Given the ability to decompile .dex files, is this secure enough?

You only need to open the .dex file in a text editor to see the
"mysecretkey" string, so decompile is not even necessary.

Dianne gave one of the best answers and the following might also help
you find a best answer possible, but it really depends on what you are
willing to accept as being secure enough for your application.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography

The very obvious answer is to get the user to enter the secret key
each time they use your application, but that is not generally
practical and is unlikely to be recommended.

Regards