Yeah, I understand. What I wanted to say is Android wasn't designed to
be secure. Most of things that apktool gives you are doable without it
and within a reasonable time.

Logos, you say? Just unzip apk file, replace some images, pack it,
resign and that's it. Strings are harder, but as long as your
replacement won't be longer then current value, it is simple find &
replace in resources.arsc file. Colors and other things in layouts are
also very easy to modify directly in binary form. Voila, we've just
built our own application in about 1 hour.

Of course I won't say apktool does nothing ;-) It could simplify
stealing, you gave good example of that in your comment. I just think
no one should trust "security by obscurity" approach. Something is
secure or it isn't. And if isn't then people shouldn't blame for this
situation someone, who just see it and use it. Currently your
applications could be modified without much effort and without any
specialized tools, so if you are really worried about security, you
should write to AOSP, don't you think? :-)

And personally speaking, I could recommend you using code obfuscators.
They really, really do their job - you can trust me ;-) (yeah, I'm
working on some obfuscated code, but if you're curious, then no: I'm
not cracking, removing some protection, stealing any ideas, code or
resources, modifying credits nor reselling someone's app or any part
of it)