I think a better analogy would be an anti-aircraft missile, you don't
go deer hunting with a Stinger or SA-8, you use it to shoot down
aircraft. Since this tool really has only one real purpose, to allow
people to pirate code, I think the gun analogy is a bit off.

On the other hand, if this person didn't provide such a tool, someone
else would. It's obviously not a huge technical feat.

Shane's point, that the pirated apps mostly are used in countries
where the app can't be purchased are probably close to right on. In
the US, I'm guessing that more than 95% of the users wouldn't know how
to get a pirated app or would be afraid (and rightfully so) that some
sort of malware or virus would be hitch hiking on that "free" app they
just downloaded.

-John Coryat