You can use ddms to get a snapshot of the screen...  which I believe does
this be re-compositing the windows into an off-screen buffer, so should let
you see what the system actually things it is displaying before any driver
problems get in the way.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.