I'd like to qualify that a little -- this work is to introduce support for
different densities in the system, targeting only QVGA and WVGA screens that
are approximately the same physical size as the G1's screen.  This will not
add support for larger WVGA screens that are the same density as the G1's
screen but physically larger.  We also have not decided yet on exactly what
WVGA resolution(s) may be officially supported, though my guess right now is
that all of those should be.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.