The focus of this work is density, not resolution.  We will be quantizing
density into a few buckets (corresponding to the existing HVGA, adding QVGA
and WVGA at the same size) which are supported by the platform.

It has always been the case that Android applications should not rely on an
exact size of the screen, which is why we focus so heavily on layout
managers and have actively discouraged people from using absolute
positioning of widgets.