There are quite a few precedents for situations with pixel counts that
are close to one another, and it'd be good if Android allowed some
fuzziness in the size "buckets" so that apps that are tuned for
certain screen sizes but don't rely on bitmaps so much that the value
matters to the pixel can adapt to those pixel counts.

Examples:
160*100 vs 160x102
176x208 vs 176x220
320x240 vs 352x240 vs 360x240
640x480 vs 702x480 vs 720x480
800x600 vs 832*624
1152x864 vs 1152x900 vs 1152x911
1280x960 vs 1280x1024
1280x720 vs 1366 x 768
1920x1080 vs 2048x1080

I'd say that 800x480 vs 848x480 vs 852x480 vs 854x480 vs 864x480 falls
in the same realm.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru