Dianne Hackborn wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Al Sutton <a...@funkyandroid.com
> <mailto:a...@funkyandroid.com>> wrote:
>
>     Given the recent announcement by Kogan is it worth putting effort into
>     trying to support QVGA?
>

> The work isn't being done for Kogan, so there is no reason for them to
> impact it.
I think you missed my point; The only manufacturer who had announced a
QVGA device (i.e. Kogan) has abandoned shipping it claiming that "One of
the potential issues is the screen size and resolution", given this I
doubt anyone else is going to start design and manufacture of a QVGA
based device and so is it worth trying to support a resolution that
isn't going to be used?

>     From the -developers list it sounds like very few apps will have a
>     usable UI in QVGA, so maybe it should be dropped as an option?
>

> How would they know?  Nobody has run an application on a version of
> the platform with actual QVGA support.  We intend that most existing
> applications will work decently on QVGA, and that is very much a goal
> of any such work we do on the platform.

The emulator supports QVGA, so it's easy to see what an app would look
like in QVGA mode.

I had to make modifications to the AndAppStore client to include smaller
icons to make it work on a QVGA screen, and the comments on the thread
at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/16f0dcece645c57/065ad77d39d8d336?lnk=gst&q=QVGA#065ad77d39d8d336

(particularly joshvs'), I think QVGA is something that many developers
may have already written off.

Al.