Hi,

Manuel: If you have the dependencies you should be able to execute the
"Kernel Denisty Estimation" algorithm. You can do the following:

* Check that you have the "Advanced interface" selected in the
* Check that there is a Animove group. If it's not there, go to Processing
-> Configuration and in Providers, uncheck and check again Animove.
Sometimes the provider is Active but is not shown and this solves the
problem.
* If that does not work, check the Processing -> History and Log, clear it
and restart QGIS. Check again the Log and see if some info/error message
appears.

Giovanni: Maybe the pandas version does not match the version required by
statsmodels. You can try to do the following:

$ sudo pip install --upgrade pandas

before installing statsmodels. Maybe the --upgrade option has something to
do as well. The instructions provided here [1] worked for me in a clean
virtual machine with Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit and QGIS 2.0.1.

Cheers.

[1]
https://github.com/geomatico/sextante_animove/blob/master/doc/installation_deb.rst

> > NOTE: some of the bandwidth methods are only available with scipy 0.11
> > (custom bandwidth value) and statsmodels 0.5 (LSCV, maximum-likelihood
> > cross-validation).
>

> Hi Victor, what is the proper way to install statsmodels under Linux
> (Ubuntu)?
>
> I'm trying
>
> pip install statsmodels
>
> and keep getting
>
> ImportError: statsmodels requires pandas
>

> even if this is already installed.
>

> cheers!

Víctor González
http://geomati.co