Hi Victor,

> Giovanni: Maybe the pandas version does not match the version required by
> statsmodels. You can try to do the following:
>
> $ sudo pip install --upgrade pandas
>
> before installing statsmodels. Maybe the --upgrade option has something to
> do as well. The instructions provided here [1] worked for me in a clean
> virtual machine with Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit and QGIS 2.0.1.
>
> Cheers.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/geomatico/sextante_animove/blob/master/doc/installation_deb.rst

thanks,
I somehow managed to get it installed.

First of all thanks for your effort in migrating the plugin to qgis 2:

Here a few notes/food for thoughts about quick tests I have made:

*) it seems that integer columns are not accepted for "group fixes by"
as it returns

'int' object has no attribute 'strip' See log for more details

*) I would at least rephrase "output raster resolution" because it is
misleading:

as I common user I would expect to enter here a value that represent
the size of the pixel of the output raster (the actual "raster
resolution"), but the plugin does not work like that. This value seems
to be used for the raster width, that is anyway adjusted to produce
square pixels.

The first effect of using the default value (50) is that probably the
users gets a raster with a too low resolution, then the user choose a
lower value to get a better result (one with higher resolution) but it
get ne with an even lower resolution. In second place there is no way
the user can know beforehand what would be the actual resolution of
raster output.

*) it would be good to have the option to choose where to save the
raster, instead of having it saved in plugin folder

*) I'm not sure why the kernel density estimation is plotted as
lines... well I guess because are extracted with gdal_contour from the
raster. But anyway as an area and perimiter is computed, it is also
created a polygon of the same estimation? if yes, can this be added to
the output? The problem with the (multi)line output is that if the
user needs a polygon representation of the estimation then a series of
steps are necessary: edit the vector layer to remove the inner lines
with the "remove parts" edit tool, then use another tool to transform
the closed line into a polygon.

thanks again!

cheers!