Il 02/03/2014 22:58, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> Hi again Victor,
>
> a few more notes/food for thoughts after an afternoon helping a friend
> with HR calculations:

Hi Giovanni,
thanks for in-depth testing. I think your notes are all valuable: could
you please open tickets about them?
Just a few notes:

> I somehow managed to get it installed.

I also had the unfortunate chance of trying to install py libraries on
windows, and I found it a nightmare. I think this is outside the
practical reach for an average user. Better ask to add the relevant libs
to the osgeo4w installer: could you please open a ticket for this?

> *) I'm not sure why the kernel density estimation is plotted as
> lines... well I guess because are extracted with gdal_contour from the
> raster. But anyway as an area and perimiter is computed, it is also
> created a polygon of the same estimation? if yes, can this be added to
> the output? The problem with the (multi)line output is that if the
> user needs a polygon representation of the estimation then a series of
> steps are necessary: edit the vector layer to remove the inner lines
> with the "remove parts" edit tool, then use another tool to transform
> the closed line into a polygon.

I think just adding this final step in the model would help users a lot.
Should be an easy fix.

If others could do more testing, this would be appreciated.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu