At 03:47 2001-12-11 +0000, Bill Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  wrote, subject "Re: 10 years on: Capitalism brings ruin to Russia -
no, 40 years":

[RM:]
> >But that was and is a very wrong picture of things,
> >you know. The people in the world had and have
> >very good reason to be strongly against both of
> >these reactionary forces.
>[US imperialism *and* Soviet social-imperialism, respectively,
>Russian new tsarism]
> >They should say "a plague on both your houses"...
>
>     Is this a Biblical phrase?
>
>     Philistinely,
>
>     Bill.

No, as far as I know it's a "Billical" one - by your
namesake old Bill Shakespeare. I was trying to
show some "erudition", you know, and besides,
I've long found this to be a pretty good phrase,
considering some elements in the political
situation in our time.