At 02:53 2001-12-12 +0000, Bill Howard
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>[RM:]
> >I was trying to
> >show some "erudition", you know, and besides,
> >I've long found this to be a pretty good phrase,
> >considering some elements in the political
> >situation in our time.
>
>     Any other good examples?
>
>     Enticingly,
>
>     Bill.

I meant above all the "houses" of "traditional" capitalism
and imperialism, on the one hand, and revisionism, as
represented not least by the social-imperialist Soviet
Union and its adherents from the 60s on.

There are many onther examples too of how the people
has been put between two fires, or caught in a kind of
pncer attack, but I shall leave it at that for now.

This phenomenon, of two reactionary rivals', or semi-rivals'
and also partners', saying they are each others' "only
enemies", so that if you don't want the pest, then you
must choose the cholera - indeed, "you're a cholera
advocate" - at any rate is one which people should
look out for, in many respects today.

Rolf M.