Am 27.05.2005 um 00:47 schrieb Jeff Hobbs:

This I will disagree with.  If you can handle it all in C,
I think you will save time.  A lot will be in the copying
itself, but saving any and all parsing is a bonus.

Hmmm...since the scripts will have to jump interp/thread,
they need to be re-parsed from source to bytecodes again,
don't they? If this is true, then what is actually saved?

I do also believe that C-coded clone-routine will be
faster than doing it all from Tcl alone but I'm afraid
that it still will be too slow when it comes to duplicating
a potentially large (i.e. heaviliy loaded) interp.

Again, I still believe that some kind of lazy-loading
plus usage of slave interp and clever aliasing could be
the way to go if people need the 100% cleanness.

But, as we all know, speed i.e. performance is best
tested (and judged) by trials and experimentation.

Zoran