On 2005.08.25, Jim Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dynamic link is best -- there was a lot of effort recently to get all
> that working right recently, with modules as small stubs that call
> into the dll's located in the lib/ directory and such.
>
> On Aug 25, 2005, at 10:00 AM, Olaf Mersmann wrote:
>
> >Another issue I am undecided on is wether to link statically or
> >dynamically to packages like OpenSSL und SQLite which will also be
> >included.

I think Olaf's question isn't about how to build the AOLserver modules,
but the third-party libraries that they depend on (OpenSSL, SQLite,
etc.).

i.e., when building nsopenssl, do you statically or dynamically link in
the OpenSSL libs to make distribution and version management safer?

I still vote for dynamically linked.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/