Okay, after looking further into this patch, I see that it doesn't actually
add any functionality to AOLserver. It looks like you would have to install a
newer version of OpenACS to use this.

I have the stubs in for an AOLserver C module, but I'm not sure about a few
things.

Two commands are being added. One dups a conn sock and wraps it with a
Tcl_Channel. The second just returns the number of bytes sent:

 case CContentSentLenIdx:
  if (objc == 2) {
   Tcl_SetIntObj(result, connPtr->nContentSent);
  } else if (objc == 3) {
   if (Tcl_GetIntFromObj(interp, objv[2], &connPtr->nContentSent) != TCL_OK) {
      return TCL_ERROR;
   }
  } else {
   Tcl_WrongNumArgs(interp, 2, objv, "?value?");
     return TCL_ERROR;
  }

where objc == 2, we can use the existing Ns_ConnContentSent:
 Tcl_SetIntObj(result, Ns_ConnContentSent(conn));

But what is objc == 3?
 Is there some code somewhere for setting the amount of sent content?

tom jackson