Stephen,

Thanks for pointing that out. I was wondering about that.

I have posted new module code which avoids the private symbols.

But this removes the contentsentlength option.

I still wonder what the difference between dup'ing and not dup'ing is for
(spliceout vs. non-spliceout). In the original code, the not dup'ing was hard
coded in as the only option. The current code hard codes this to dup.

Anyway, I don't really know if this will work as the original, I was able to
fcopy in background a short text file, but larger than 4096 bytes just gets
that amount according to wget.

In foreground/blocking mode, fcopy returns larger files.

I've included my test script as well:

http://rmadilo.com/files/nsbgwrite/

So all this does now is to return the sock wrapped in a Tcl_Channel.

[ns_conn close] also has the effect of closing the channel. Maybe if it is
moved to another thread that will not happen?

tom jackson