Hi there,

Sorry for not being able to react before. Below you find 3 seperate subjects

======

Ive looked at Jimmy's changes and I decided to deploy a little different
solution: I simply check if sf has length 0.
The input "^=$^.<sent>$[]" can now be handled and seems to work:

$ echo "I will see xxxx xxxx" | java -jar lttoolbox-java/dist/lttoolbox.jar
 apertium -a -d /usr/local/share/apertium/ en-es
=Yo = =ver *xxxx *xxxx

$ echo "will" | java -jar lttoolbox-java/dist/lttoolbox.jar  apertium -a -d
/usr/local/share/apertium/ en-es
=

Ive comitted in Mikel's branch (as this is the branch which will have
future development and it already differs quite from trunk)
http://apertium.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/apertium?view=revision&revision=39580

To Mikel, Jimmy and others interested in lttoolbox-java: When I develop a
new feature I usually make a small 'Playground' test program, and run it
like

$ java -cp lttoolbox-java/dist/lttoolbox.jar Playground

This is a much faster way to see if you've nailed a bug, because you can
comfortably debug in your favorite tool (for me its Netbeans), inspect
variables and see what's happening. I usually set my breakpoints and
right-click in Playground and debugs it.

Nevertheless I think the 'display ambiguity' option should be expelled from
Apertium-caffeine as end user will never use this option. And developers
hardly use it.

=======

WRT formatters and deformatters I think its fine to make a simple
(de)formatter like the one needed for omegaT or for HTML, if you anticipate
they are needed for plugins.  More advanced (de)formatters is for the C++
version, which has a sophisticated (some would say complicated :-) way of
(de)formatting which I *don't* recommend you to look into.

But you could play with the C++ version to get a feel of it. For example:

$ echo "I am <b>fine</> and all. :-)" | apertium-deshtml

I am[ <b>]fine[<\/b> ]and all. :-).[][
]

$ echo "I am <b>fine</b> and all. :-)" | apertium-deshtml  |
apertium-rehtml
I am <b>fine</b> and all. :-)

Stephen Tigener worked with the text formatter. Probably, if he have time,
he could quickly put something together.

Jacob

--
Jacob Nordfalk <http://profiles.google.com/jacob.nordfalk>
javabog.dk