Mikel [et al]:
Yes, but the JARs online follow a different naming convention so that we can know the exact modes they contain without downloading them (that is, simply looking at their name). For instance, en-eo,eo-en.jar is used instead of apertium-eo-en.jar, expressing that the contained modes are en-eo.mode and eo-en.mode (so, in this case, the program could conclude that the language pair is bidirectional even if it hasn't downloaded it yet).

Cool.
In any case, I've updated both programs so that they look for the following pattern, accepting both naming conventions:

return name.matches("([a-z_]+-[a-z_]+(,[a-z_]+-[a-z_]+)*).jar|(apertium-[a-z_]+-[a-z_]+).jar");
Great stuff! After all, it's up to you to decide the naming scheme for Caffeine, so if this is the naming style, go ahead with it.
So, basically, what we need is to not translate anything between <> tags, right? For instance, if we have something like "Ez dakit <zer arraio> idatzi", we should avoid translating "zer arraio"... is that all we need? If so, it shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

Yeah, turning all of that into a superblank and letting Apertium deal with it. Would that be feasible?

    You could, perhaps, add some kind of file that says which (OmegaT
    or Caffeine) is using the directory, and announce the conflict
    when the other one tries to use it too.

Done! The (already uploaded) new versions do that check.
Thanks a lot for such a quick turnaround! I look forward to the Apertium filtering. You'll have about 100 users for the OmegaT plugin in our Translation Technologies course at Universitat d'Alacant. That will ensure a lot of feedback!

Is there a webpage or a wiki page that explains how to "export" language pairs for use with Apertium Caffeine and the OmegaT plugin?

Cheers

Mikel

--
Mikel L. Forcada (http://www.dlsi.ua.es/~mlf/)
Departament de Llenguatges i Sistemes InformĂ tics