@Unhammer

Thanks!

I love how clicking <from> or <to> goes straight into the download list,
> but then when I click a pair, nothing happens, I have to long-click, is
> there a reason for that?

longpress was to avoid downloading if item is pressed by mistake while
scrolling list. But It is killing user experience so longpress has been
converted to normal press.

After selecting a pair to install, should the heading really say
> "Modes"? How about "Translation directions" or something a bit less
> apertium-jargony?
> "Unziping files" should probably be spelled "Unzipping files".
> On clicking 'Translate', the "waiting" box says "Translator", it should
> probably say "Translating".

Done :)
Please see
https://github.com/arinkverma/Apertiurm-Androind-app-devlopment/blob/master/ApertiumAndroid/res/values/strings.xml
and
suggest if there is any more improvement

When I select all text in the input box, both the text and the
> background is black

fixed

Now App can receive input text from other app also.
Find APK at
https://github.com/downloads/arinkverma/Apertiurm-Androind-app-devlopment/ApertiumAndroid2.4.0.apk

Arink Verma