On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:28:50 -0400 (EDT) Bob V wrote:

> Note: Not everyhing worked perfectly, I had to throw away the VGA monitor for a
> bad tube and the image on the 20" seems to move up and down now, but it was ok
> when I first bought it.  Anyone know what could cause this?

   Have you checked really obvious things? E.g., is the vertical
centring control noisy? Is the up-and-down rhythmical, or twitchy and
random? If rhythmical, maybe there's hum modulation on a supply line
(suspect large electrolytics in power supply). If random, maybe dicky
connection, perhaps at field scan coils plug? Could it even be as simple
as a loose wire in the VGA input lead disturbing the syncs? Does the
movement respond to gentle tapping on the chassis??

   Sorry to be so vague! Fault-finding by remote control isn't all that
easy!

      Ron.

-- Arachne V1.66, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/