On 12 Aug 00 at 10:50, Edenyard wrote:

>>   Have you checked really obvious things? E.g., is the vertical
>>centring control noisy? Is the up-and-down rhythmical, or twitchy and
>>random? If rhythmical, maybe there's hum modulation on a supply line
>>(suspect large electrolytics in power supply). If random, maybe dicky
>>connection, perhaps at field scan coils plug? Could it even be as simple as
>>a loose wire in the VGA input lead disturbing the syncs? Does the movement
>>respond to gentle tapping on the chassis??
>>
>>   Sorry to be so vague! Fault-finding by remote control isn't all that
>>easy!

Not bad for LD troubleshooting. I have a bad spot on my vertical
position potentiometer on my monitor that if I try to position the
image at a particlar vertical position it jumps badly. A spot of TV
tuner cleaner would proably clear that up so it is something to
consider also.

Regards,
Dale Mentzer

Never mess up an apology with an excuse.

    This mail written by a user of Arachne, the DOS Internet Client
                WWWWW World Wide Web Without Windows
          http://home.arachne.cz Arachne DOS Browser Home Page