At 01:26 PM 12/10/01, you wrote:
>That's a new one on me ..
>
>On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:54:36 -0500, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:
><snip>
> >  My system does not allow booting to the CD-ROM drive.
>
>I've never seen a system that could recognize the CD-ROM but couldn't
>boot from it.  I take it that you double-triple checked your available
>CMOS settings ... wow, that's weird

No it isn't.  Booting from CDrom only came out about four years ago.  Older
pentiums, the first generation and any older systems cannot do it.  They
require drivers loaded before they even know there is a cdrom.  Hence they
must boot from floppy with drivers included or from a system installed on
hard drive.

--
For a country to be free it's citizens must have a way to defy unjust
laws.  The new electronic snooping devices are a step in the direction of