On 7/18/2008 8:26 PM India Time, _Vinayakam Murugan_ wrote:

> Is it a prerequisite that members here should be ARR fans only. I am
> proud to say that I am a fan of ARR, RD Burman, OP Nayyar, SD Burman,
> Ilayaraja, MS Vishwanathan, MadanMohan, Vishal Bharadwaj, Shankar /
> Ehsaan / Loy , Colonial Cousins, Kailasa, etc etc.

Same here.

how this list has lost its character in last 10 years. Now, it has
become mandatory to just praise ARR.

Information is mostly being exchanged about ARR's trivia, whom he met,
where he went, what he did, what he said about someone, what someone
said about him.

Apart from that, you are free to praise ARR endlessly.

There is no real analysis of his music. reviews of music and movies are
picked from the sites in dozens and hundreds and posted here. Any
reviewer having said the slightest negative thing about the music is
painted "he is always like that".

Members are posting not that many review and nowhere in that depth as
members were posting 10 years ago. members reviews give 8+ or 9+ out of
10 rating to each and every song. Any member saying a negative thing
about music is terms a Yuvan or Deva or IR's spy who came to destroy
this forum.

Anybody who has read Animal Farm by George Orwell might identify the
changes in the nature of this list. Thank God that things have not
reached George Orwell's 1984 level.

Seems more fresh air is needed here or there is no fun in remaining here.