I think this group has been catering to an increasingly diverse
audience over the years. And passion for Rahman's music being one of
the primary motivations of joining it, it is only natural that
naysayers and  critics will find the going tough. If we are truly
mature about it though, I think critics could choose to ignore the
venting of ardent fans, and vice-versa. Moreover, if it be held that
the quality and nature of reviews have gone down, the quality of
criticism hasn't been all that stellar either. Single-liners saying
"the music sucks" don't cut as cricism. But the reverse "mind-
blowing, 10/10" is perfectly acceptable I think cos the name of this
group veritably is "arrahmanfans". No further explanation required as
to why you love it. Critiques are always welcome but be prepared for
brickbats and venomous, at times, unreasoned and illogical rebuttals.
That is the right of fans isnt't it? :)

But I do miss swapnil's reviews. Rahman's creations of the past five
years are more than deserving of them aren't they? ;)

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/18/2008 8:26 PM India Time, _Vinayakam Murugan_ wrote:
>
> > Is it a prerequisite that members here should be ARR fans only. I
am
> > proud to say that I am a fan of ARR, RD Burman, OP Nayyar, SD
Burman,
> > Ilayaraja, MS Vishwanathan, MadanMohan, Vishal Bharadwaj,
Shankar /