Lovely, lovely, lovely post, Parminder.

Adding a few points. There is no point of right or wrong, just another
thought.
On 10/19/2008 4:10 AM India Time, _Pravinder Sheoran_ wrote:

> "Poley poley pairon se chali"
> (I walked very elegantly, means she put less pressure on her feet
> while walking, for example when we walk on a wet Flor trying to not
> make it dirty)
>
> "Babul teri chhoti thi gali"
> (Father, your street was narrow. She is giving the reason of first
> line now, why she walked elegantly)

I think pola is something having a void inside. I don't know whether
that is the reason why Roti (bread) is called Poli in Marathi, I think.
Pooran Poli is filled sweet roti.

pole pole pairo se chali, means walking with feet which had a void
inside, means walking disinterestedly, lifelessly, very slowly.

So, I think she is saying that she walked so slowly, still the street of
her father's house was so short that it ended anyhow quickly. The street
signifies the duration of stay in her father's house, so once she had
walked through the entire street, she had to go out.

> "Geetey mere peechhay rah gaye"
> (I don't understand what 'Geetey' is. Whatever it is, she left them
> behind. She is sad that she had leave them behind)

he, he, he.

Now, that is a term you probably wouldn't find in any dictionary.

I think that the correct term he has used is Gitte गिट्टे, with hard T. In
some regions, young girls play a sort of game of marbles. They take a
few small stone pieces, and play between them with it. In UP, it is
called Gutte गुट्टे, again with hard T.

So, it could be that she is missing the GiTTe that she had played with
among her friends.

My god. I myself was always thinking about what this term could be.
Thanks for pointing it to me.

> "Paathiyon ke neechey rah gaye"
> (She says she left them [Geetey] below the pile or stack of 'Paathi'.
> Now Paathi, as far as I understand, is 'Gobar ke oople'. See how they
> let the waste of cows and buffaloes get dried, and then they burn it
> for gas in the villages)

This line still doesn't make correct connection as I am not able to
correctly hear whether it is is "ke neechey" or something else.

But as you wrote that she had kept her Gitte below the stack of paathi,
it could be correct.
--

To the O.P., I would take freedom to say, that it wouldn't really need a
dictionary because the terms are not there in dictionary also. One needs