All the while I was thinking we are also part of the masses.
csrao

-----Original Message-----
From: Jahanzeb Farooq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:10 pm
Subject: [arr] Re: Rediff Review - Yuvvraaj - followed by idiotic comments

man you have to accept it. although it is growing on us and we have
started liking more compared to the first time, but the fact remains
that it is not something liked by the masses. only one song Tu meri
dost would be liked by the masses but not the rest. even recent ARR
albums had many songs loved by masses (and critics) e.g., Tere bina,
Mayya mayya, Barso re (Guru), Pappu, Aditi, Kahin to (JTYJN) etc etc.
Furthermore the fact remains that Yuvvraaj does not have even a single
song which can be called just mibdblowing or plain awesome as per the
ARR standards etc. comparing to Taal it still remains a HUGE
disappointment, if not for us (ARR fans) certainly it is for masses.
the weakest songs of Dil se, Taal or Bombay are still better than
strongest song/s of Yuvvraaj.

lets analyze it. Mastam mastam is good, it grows, melody is Rahmanish,
Sonu is perfect, but again it is not something instantly loved by
masses. Zindagi is again good but nothing exceptional. it heavily
relies on vocals, too little music, no traditional ARR interludes etc.
Man mohini is very good but alas too short, which is completely un-
understandable, why did not ARR put a few more minutes to it???
strange. Dil ka risha is very good again, orchestra is great. it would
be loved more than Zindagi, Mastam, Man mohini by masses. however it
is a very situational song, not something you will find people humming
or playing on streets etc. Shano shano is one of the weakest songs of
ARR ever, people will not find anything special in it. it is not very
different than dozens of Pritam and others' songs releasing every day.
even Pappu (JTYJN) was far far far far far far better. so at the end
the only song remains is Tu muskura which will be liked by the masses
but again there is nothing very special in it. it is likable but not
something blockbuster etc. it is in the league of recent Tu bin bataye
(RDB) and Milo wahan wahan (Ada) though the two were far far better.
just think of some of ARR's biggest hits and ask yourself honestly can
we compare any of Yuvvraaj's songs with Satrangi, Dil se, Chaiyyan
chaiyyan (Dil se) Taal se taal, ishq bina, ramta jogi (Taal), Kehna hi
kya, Hamma hamma, Tu hi re (Bombay) and those from Rangeela, Saathiya,
Lagaan, Roja, Sapnay etc etc or even recent lesser hits rang de
basanti (RDB), khwaja mere khwaja, azeem-o-shaan (JA) etc and those
from Guru etc. and you will get the answer.

hence i am certainly not surprised by the reactions of masses. ARR
here really disappointed, because of Ghai-ARR combo people were
expecting something as fantastic as Taal, but there is no comparison
between Taal and Yuvvraaj. at least if you ask me if i give 10/10 to
Taal i will give only 4/10 to Yuvvraaj. ARR should have experimented
in some other low profile album but certainly not in Yuvvraaj. also a
film solely based on music certainly required some instantly classic
music, like Taal.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Chord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did anyone read the comments that followed the review?  I can't
> believe the ignorance, stupidity, and narrow mindedness of some
people
> out there!!!!
>

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Sai Theodore" <saitheodore@>
> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/oct/21yuv.htm

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links

You are invited to Get a Free AOL Email ID. - http://webmail.aol.in