Jahazeb,

Irrespective of how you think the masses will take to Yuvvraaj which
nobody knows right now, how does the music make you feel?  Leave your
expectations aside.  Forget Taal.  When you listen to Yuvvraaj, do
you feel good?  Does it touch you?  Does it lift your spirits?  If
yes, forget all this analysis.  Just go with the flow and enjoy the
music.  It's a gift from Rahman.  If the answer is no, give it some
more chances.  If still you don't feel good when listening to
Yuvvraaj, just forget it and move on.  Ghajini is next.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Jahanzeb Farooq"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Please, let me decide what I am going to accept. You can't
dictate
> like this, buddy.
>
> take it easy buddy, it was NOT directed towards you or any other
> individual, it was only said in a general sense. no one is
dictating
> you or anyone else here.
>
> > Yuvraj is having all the potential of becoming the biggest
> commercial hit of ARR's career.
>
> well i seriously doubt it. i dont see yuvvraaj staying in charts
more
> than JTYJN or JA UNLESS THE FILM BECOMES A BLOCKBUSTER. and btw i
> doubt the success of film too, dont know why but keeping in mind
> ghai's recent record i have this feeling that ghai can lost it. if
it
> is bombed or becomes an average i seriously doubt that music will
stay
> in charts long.
>
> > And, me think, that is what Ghai wanted - compromise on
mindblowing
> song and give an outright commercial hit.
>
> how can an album become an "outright commercial hit" without any
> mindblowing songs??? sorry dude, for me it is hard to understand
your
> theory.
>
> > Why are you so inclined on keeping us fans in a separate category
> apart from masses? Does it satisfy your ego that you are on a
higher
> ivory tower as a fan compared to lowly, meanly, measly masses. It
is
> not so. We are all humans, made equal by our Creator.
>
> i must say you got it all wrong here. your last two comments (ego
and
> humans/equal) are irrelevant to my post and don't make sense to me.
> the difference between fans and masses is that fans are aware of
ARR's
> music and style, and understand when ARR gives something
> new/different. the second difference is that if fans dislike music
in
> first hearing they give it second chance because they know hidden
> masterpiece in ARR's music and that it grows. on the other hand
masses (by masses i am referring to non-ARR fans) just skip the
song/music
> and may never return to it.
>
> > The only album of ARR that I outright disliked is Love Bird.
>
> difference of tastes/opinions. love birds has milgaye milgaye, a
> masterpiece, one of my oldest favorites and most listened ARR songs.
>
> > ARR has capability to make Manmohini 2 hours song, but Ghai
wouldn't
> put a 2 hours manmohini in his film. So why make it 2 hours?
>
> it is simple. if ghai wants to put a short 3 minutes song in film,
why
> not compose a full 5-6 minutes song and put only 3 minuites of it
in
> film? is it something not already thousands of times in various
films ?

> > Sapney had two mediocre songs also, that prayer and that duet
>
> dont know which duet you are referring to. ek bagiya, chanda re,
awara
> bhawre and the prayer (roshan hui raat) all are nothing short of
> masterpiece to me.
>
> >  From the above list of yours, remove Mani. he he he.
>
> i did not mean a particular list. i just randomly mentioned few of
> his biggest hits but the list was not limited to only that.
>
> > And Ghai-ARR combo has delivered exactly what masses would love.
>
> i doubt.
>
> > Ghai thinks different from you for his music based film.
>
> may be. here i have to agree with you.
>

> thanks
>

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, V S Rawat <vsrawat@> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/21/2008 10:10 PM India Time, _Jahanzeb Farooq_ wrote:
> >
> > > man you have to accept it.
> >
> > Please, let me decide what I am going to accept. You can't
dictate
> like
> > this, buddy.
> >
> > > although it is growing on us and we have
> > > started liking more compared to the first time, but the fact
> remains
> > > that it is not something liked by the masses. only one song Tu
> meri
> > > dost would be liked by the masses but not the rest.
> >
> > No way. Shano and Mastam are going to be on every youth's tongue,
me
> think.
> >
> > > even recent ARR
> > > albums had many songs loved by masses (and critics) e.g., Tere
> bina,
> > > Mayya mayya, Barso re (Guru), Pappu, Aditi, Kahin to (JTYJN)
etc
> etc.
> >
> > Agreed. So?
> >
> > > Furthermore the fact remains that Yuvvraaj does not have even a
> single
> > > song which can be called just mibdblowing or plain awesome as
per
> the
> > > ARR standards etc.
> >
> > Hmm. I thought about it and I find that I have to agree with you.
> >
> > So, I also concede that even though Yuvraj is an album for the
> masses
> > and it has good softer songs also (manmohini, zindagi), still, I
> have to
> > agree that there is no mindblowing song AS PER ARR STANDARDS.
> >
> > I think that is the area where the freedom ARR gets makes the
whole
> > difference. Mani gives ARR complete freedom, so ARR's every Mani
> album
> > has one or more mindblowing songs. Deepa mehta gives ARR complete
> > freedom, so ARR's every Deepa album has one or more mindblowing
> songs.
> >
> > But, even though Ghai's inputs have done wonders in Taal and
Yuvraj,
> > those have restricted ARR from giving a mindblowing song in
Yuvraj.

> > But, I would not complain. ARR is operating in a commercial
world,
> and
> > Yuvraj is having all the potential of becoming the biggest
> commercial
> > hit of ARR's career. That would help him. And it would help us
fans
> also
> > when we get ridiculed by ARR's detractors who never fail to
> highlight
> > when Pritam or Himesh's songs top the chart.
> >
> > And, me think, that is what Ghai wanted - compromise on
mindblowing
> song
> > and give an outright commercial hit. And ARR/Ghai have succeeded
> like
> > anything in this album.
> >
> > > comparing to Taal it still remains a HUGE
> > > disappointment, if not for us (ARR fans) certainly it is for
> masses.
> >
> > Why are you so inclined on keeping us fans in a separate category
> apart
> > from masses? Does it satisfy your ego that you are on a higher
ivory
> > tower as a fan compared to lowly, meanly, measly masses. It is
not
> so.
> > We are all humans, made equal by our Creator.
> >
> > This album is going to bring millions of new fans to ARR's fold.
> Masses
> > will become ARR fans after listening to this album. You think
that
> is
> > going to dilute the superiority of ARR fans. I differ.
> >
> > > the weakest songs of Dil se, Taal or Bombay are still better
than
> > > strongest song/s of Yuvvraaj.
> >
> > That is going to personal taste now.
> >
> > I have written that I personally found Ishq bina a tad too sweet,
> > sacharine sweet, for my liking. I didn't like any remix, and
western
> in
> > Taal. My find in that was Ni main samajh gayi, Nahin Samne,
jangal
> mein
> > koyal bole, taal se taal mila, etc.
> >
> > I am not able to compare Taal with Yuvraj. They are different
genre
> of
> > songs.
> >
> > And, for Dil Se and Bombay, or even Guru, or Yuva: well, Mani is
> Mani,
> > yaar. Add, 1947 Earh, Water: Well, Deepa Mehta is Deepa Mehta.
Ghai
> is
> > different.
> >
> > The only album of ARR that I outright disliked is Love Bird.
> >

> > > lets analyze it. Mastam mastam is good, it grows, melody is
> Rahmanish,
> > > Sonu is perfect, but again it is not something instantly loved
by
> > > masses.
> >
> > here, you lost me.
> >
> > Mastam is the so cathy, yet soothing. It is going to be loved by
> masses.
> >
> > > Zindagi is again good but nothing exceptional. it heavily
> > > relies on vocals, too little music, no traditional ARR
interludes
> etc.
> >
> > So? It is a different song. It has its own style, its own
> ingredients.
> > That is how ARR gave this song, and it is great in its existing
> form. If
> > ARR has changed a single thing in it, that would have become a
> different
> > song.
> >
> > too little music????? Seems you have forgotten Khamosh Raat of
> Takshak
> > that would hold the ARR's all time record for minimal music, me
> think.
> >
> > > Man mohini is very good but alas too short, which is completely
> un-
> > > understandable, why did not ARR put a few more minutes to it???
> >
> > Now, I would say your think line is irrational. ARR has
capability
> > make Manmohini 2 hours song, but Ghai wouldn't put a 2 hours
> manmohini
> > in his film. So why make it 2 hours?
> >
> > Ghai has taken a liking for pure classical for some time, for a
> change,
> > for some reason. Kishna had Kaahe Ujadi Mori neend (ID), and he
> wanted a
> > short piece having pure classical. That is what he got.
> >
> > > strange. Dil ka risha is very good again, orchestra is great.
it
> would
> > > be loved more than Zindagi, Mastam, Man mohini by masses.
however
> it
> > > is a very situational song, not something you will find people
> humming
> > > or playing on streets etc.
> >
> > Exactly, and you should have left Mastam out of this logic.
Mastam
> is
> > what people can humm out all day.
> >
> > > Shano shano is one of the weakest songs of
> > > ARR ever, people will not find anything special in it.
> >
> > I don't think it is weaker than Pappu, nor weaker than love bird
> songs.
> >
> > > it is not very
> > > different than dozens of Pritam and others' songs releasing
every
> day.
> > > even Pappu (JTYJN) was far far far far far far better.
> >
> > I personally didn't like Pappu, because it is ARR's signature
> missing,
> > me think. I thought ARR has compromised to give a hit in Pappu.
> >
> > Shano is very much having ARR's signature all around. It is far
> better
> > than Pappu, me think. Shano is going to be the most popular song
of
> this
> > album, me think.
> >
> > > so at the end
> > > the only song remains is Tu muskura which will be liked by the
> masses
> > > but again there is nothing very special in it. it is likable
but
> not
> > > something blockbuster etc.
> >
> > Rightly said.
> >
> > Shano and Mastam have chartbusting elements.
> >
> > > it is in the league of recent Tu bin bataye
> > > (RDB) and Milo wahan wahan (Ada) though the two were far far
> better.
> >
> > I just disliked Tu Bin Bataye. I don't even feel like talking
about
> it.
> >
> > > just think of some of ARR's biggest hits and ask yourself
honestly
> can
> > > we compare any of Yuvvraaj's songs with Satrangi, Dil se,
Chaiyyan
> > > chaiyyan (Dil se) Taal se taal, ishq bina, ramta jogi (Taal),
> Kehna hi
> > > kya, Hamma hamma, Tu hi re (Bombay) and those from Rangeela,
> Saathiya,
> > > Lagaan, Roja, Sapnay etc etc or even recent lesser hits rang de
> > > basanti (RDB), khwaja mere khwaja, azeem-o-shaan (JA) etc and
> those
> > > from Guru etc. and you will get the answer.
> >
> >  From the above list of yours, remove Mani. he he he.
> >
> > That leaves us with Taal se taal, ishq bina, ramta jogi (Taal),
> > Rangeela, Lagaan, Sapnay, rang de basanti (RDB), khwaja mere
khwaja,
> > azeem-o-shaan (JA)
> >
> > I didn't like Ramta Jogi that much. and already said about ishq
> bina.
> > Taal se taal was good.
> >
> > Rangeela's Asha nums were awesome, others were not so great. Kya
> Kahe
> > Kya Na Kahe and babu lo chal gaya were very common. though my
> personal
> > fav is a surprise Mangta hai Kya from this album.
> >
> > I have not picked Lagaan to hear again ever since I had put it
off
> some
> > 10 years ago, of course after listening for months.
> >
> > Sapney had two mediocre songs also, that prayer and that duet.
> >
> > I didn't like rang de basanti song that much.
> >
> > I totally disliked Azeem-o-shaan and that krishna prayer of JA.
> >
> > The summary is: Don't force comparison between apples and
oranges.
> Eat
> > both, enjoy both.
> >
> > > hence i am certainly not surprised by the reactions of masses.
ARR
> > > here really disappointed, because of Ghai-ARR combo people were
> > > expecting something as fantastic as Taal,
> >
> > And Ghai-ARR combo has delivered exactly what masses would love.
> >
> > > but there is no comparison
> > > between Taal and Yuvvraaj.
> >
> > Taal was good but I think Taal's inclination towards pop/ remix
was
> > brought by the script of the film where Anil Kapoor was running a
> > remixing company.
> >
> > I find Yuvraj more versatile, all-rounder than Taal. Yuvraj has
> > something for everyone. Taal didn't have a pure classical
manmohini.
> > Taal didn't have a philosophical zindagi (Nahin Samne was a love
> > separation reminscings song)
> >
> > Taal has a down-to-earth, simple, practical bent that was brought
by
> > Anand Bakshi's lyrics.
> >
> > Yuvraj has a philosophical, upper class refined emotional bent
that
> is
> > brought by Gulzar's lyrics.
> >
> > > at least if you ask me if i give 10/10 to
> > > Taal i will give only 4/10 to Yuvvraaj.
> >
> > Then, I would say that you are a miser.
> >
> > > ARR should have experimented
> > > in some other low profile album but certainly not in Yuvvraaj.
> >
> > Why?
> >
> > Why do you think ARR should make a particular film escape goat?
Why