From: Jahanzeb Farooq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Re: "Rahman has a Divine Face" - Subhash Ghai
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 6:49 PM

well i sincerely pray that the film becomes a hit. otherwise the music
will quickly disappear. barring 2-3 songs the rest do not have a mass
appeal.
now about comparing with Bombay, Taal, Dil Se, ... "for me" it is
complete nonsense. yuvraaj can never be close to these masterpieces.
for me if the above four fall in class 1 of ARR then Yuvraaj falls in
class 4. Lagaan, Saathiya, Earth 47, Sapnay, Rangeela etc are class 2. JA,
JTYJN, RDB, Guru etc are class 3. Yuva, kabhi na kabhi etc fall in
class 5.

--- In arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> On 10/29/2008 1:08 AM India Time, _Aaditya(Addy) *COOL*_ wrote:
>
> > I had watched that inteview, Mr Ghai said Bombay, Taal and
Yuvvraaj as
> > ARR's 3 favourite works. Anyway nice work by Vithur, you are an
asset to
> > this group.
> >

> Well, I am ready to accept any brickbats from you guys, but I have
> say that Yuvraj music is not at par with Bombay. Even taal wasn't.
>
> Giving it further thought, I feel that Taal/ yuvraaj music are sort
of
> "commercialized" , that is how ghai wanted it to be, whereas all
Mani's