"Infact sometimes when i like the tune hearing first time he cant believe it "ki inhe pasand kaise aa gaya itni jaldi"

This brings back my puzzling thought - When we fans take a few hearings to start liking AR's songs, wonder how the directors are able to instantly pick a tune (even with a rough sketch)..