On 3/6/2009 3:32 PM India Time, _jibandevta_ wrote:

> Very good article Rawat..the analysis is wonderfull..BTW liked the line:
> "And that was the time when a new star has risen in music sky. His name is
> ARR."
>
> and the name is still rulllllllllinnnnng and will rule forever

ha ha. Actually, that single line was the purpose of entire write up. I
sometimes feels that youger ones are enjoying ARR's music but they don't
know the significance of the phenomenon of ARR - all that action-revenge
thinggy started by Amitabh ji way back in 1973 had reached a crescendo
leaving no space for music, the cacophony that was sold as music in 80s
and early 90s, song banks evolving having 1000s of ready tunes, Gulshan
Kumar and T Series becoming the patrons and protectors and launchers of
MDs and singers, MDs themselves so egoistic and loud-foul-spoken, TV
gone colored in 1982 Asiad (youngsters would be surprised to know that
25 years ago, TV was black and white and single channel), there was no
cable TV till 1991 - we first heard about it in Iraq Quwait war, FM
radio was not yet there and nobody used to listen to AM/SW radio,
internet not yet there, mobile phones not yet there, multiplexes not yet
there, Indian pop music not yet there.

In such a technologically stone age, entertainment-less world, the only
relief were the occasional sweet music albums by someone, leading to
wasting money in buying his next few albums which were again junk.

And then ARR arrived and made lovely music a precedence, a right that
listeners can expect and get in each and every of his album, with variety.

I think if younger fans of ARR can realize the implication of the other
scenario, then they would know why we got sold to him and why we retain
our unwavering trust in him even when we don't like some occasional
album/ song of him.

> Regards
> -jiban
> "jai ho"

Thanks.
--
Rawat
  • ... Chord
    • ... Leslie D
      • ... Nagaraj
        • ... V S Rawat
          • ... jibandevta
            • ... V S Rawat
          • ... Vinayakam Murugan
          • ... Leslie D
            • ... $ Pavan Kumar $
        • ... jibandevta
      • ... Nagaraj
      • ... Jahanzeb Farooq
        • ... V S Rawat
          • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
            • ... Shamil Sharif
              • ... V S Rawat