Rawat,
I respect your openion though i dont agree to them in any line.I think this
is one of the best of ARR as a singer.Theres lot of feeling in his voice.

*"But then the song starts with lovely music BUT, BUT BUT poor lyrics. A
typical lack of creativity in the monotonous, "logically-built up"
lyrics as is usually the case with Javed Akhtar."*
**
**
your main allegation agains this song was for the lyrics.
I think your hatred for the lyrics is because you thought its by Javed
saab.But that was a criminal mistake.when you analise the lyrics you should
have make sure who the lyricist is.A glance thorough the cd cover can give
the answer,'if you do have it'..
Lyrics of this song was by KASHIF if I remember right.I am away from home so
i am not able to check it now.

Please buy original CDs before reviewing it.

regards,

hashir

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM, V S Rawat <vsra...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   On 3/12/2009 3:11 PM India Time, _Jahanzeb Farooq_ wrote:
>
> > in fact we watched
> > JA together and during Khwaja mere khwaja as I mentioned that music
> > is by ARR, he said I did not see anything special (sadly enough. may
> > because it was in bad quality. also we know that ARR's music grows
> > but he does not).
>
> I am a known JA basher so I thought I can say about this song also.
>
> khwaja song might be holding additional value for muslims due to its
> religious connotations, and for general fans it might have got some high
> weightage due to the anecdotes of ARR having composed it already and
> then AG using it in the film.
>
> But as a song, I find khwaja song quite barren and monotonous if I can
> say that. It is a sort of "introvert" song giving a feel that a person
> must be singing it within his heart and mind. It is his personal
> pleasure. Others would not be able to connect to it.
>
> Firstly, the song has some 1:20 initial alaaps that are quire boring to
> say and kill the entire beauty of song that comes after that. It is more
> like the sounds generated when a player "tunes up" his instruments
> before starting to really play it up. Such a long wasted part is a sin
> in current busy time. Those "ya khwaja ji, moinuddin, gareeb nawaz" are
> without any lyrical or music value". So, I think the start itself is
> badly thought up.
>
> But then the song starts with lovely music BUT, BUT BUT poor lyrics. A
> typical lack of creativity in the monotonous, "logically-built up"
> lyrics as is usually the case with Javed Akhtar.
>
> Khwaja Mere Khwaja
> Dil Mein Sama ja
> Bebaso ki Taqdeer
> Tu ne hai sawari
>
> There is no rhyming, no deep devotion. All that "dil mein sama ja" type
> of phrases had been used a 1000 times in cheap ladki-pataao songs in 60s
> and here he comes up with that in a 21st century devotional song.
>
> I would say that the major failure of the song remains in the poor
> lyrics. Then, it fails in arrangements of vocals. None of the voices
> carry and ethos and pathos. They are just singing an any song, not a
> religious song for the most respected muslim personality of Indian
> subcontinent. pronunciations are also not clear. that bebaso ki taqdeer
> tu ne hai sanwari, has bebaso and tu ne pronounced so pooorly that one
> has to strain to hear it and make the meaning of it. Sad that it is our
> man himself.
>
> And then "Tere darbaar mein khwaza noor ko mainne dekha" has noor
> pronounced so poorly by our man himself, and then there are alaaps, and
> then the music gives the impression that the line is going to be
> repeated, tere darbar mein khwaja - but they drop the line
> unceremoniously and begin another line - sar jhukaate hain auliya.
> What was so great in mentioning that auliya sar jhukate hain, so what,
> is that why you feel respect for him? I think the respect should have
> [...]
          • ... V S Rawat
            • ... Chord
            • ... Thulasi Ram
            • ... Pradeepan R
              • ... Shamil Sharif
              • ... dasara bullodu
              • ... jibandevta
        • ... V S Rawat
          • ... Vinayakam Murugan
        • ... Shah Navas
        • ... Mohamed Hashir
        • ... Jahanzeb Farooq
  • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
    • ... Shah Navas
  • ... Mugilan Jeyaraman