Title: Read (floating) license
**

As always with licensing it’s somewhat vague, but my experience has been this:

When a user with a Floating license assigned to them logs in, they show up in the User License list as Read(floating) immediately.

-If they sit there without doing anything, they disappear from the User License list after a short time (5-10 min)

-If they open a form (in ANY mode), they are then listed as Floating.

-If they log out, they disappear from the User License (no matter how they were listed before)

-If they are listed as floating and don’t take any action for 1 hour, they revert to Read(floating), and shortly thereafter disappear from the list.

As far as floating license token allocation, I tested our system with 10 licenses, and found:

-There could be more than 10 users marked as Read(floating) with no problems.

-When users opened any form, in query or submit mode, they changed to Floating (and took a floating token)

-Once there were 10 users marked Floating, then other users remained marked as Read(floating) when quering or submitting.

-Users marked as Read(floating) could not Modify while there were 10 others marked Floating.

-When someone logged out, the next Read(floating) user to perform an action (query, submit, or modify) was changed to Floating.

-Aaron