  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Clarkson, Timothy
  Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:44 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: FW: Copy of Production Database for Testing

  **
  Hi there all,

  I would like to copy a production Remedy 7.0.1 database and use that for
some testing. I have done the following:

  Steps so far

  1) Create a production server and enter some data, this solution has 1 x
Mid-Tier server (7.1), 1 x ARS Server and 1 x ARS database

  2) Create a testing server all components exist on the same server

  3) copy the database from production to testing

  I can see everything ok, it is just the license issue

  Issue

  My license stops working on the testing server and says it is in demo.

  Question

  is this a simple case of clearing out the caches and restarting ARS or
have I missed something more fundamental.

  If you know a good KB article that covers this I would appreciate that
link, I have some on migrating

  Following KB's Reviewed:

  KM-000000004186 - How to implement a disaster recovery plan for the Remedy
Server

  KM-000000005919 - How to migrate an application from one server to
another. (Seems to long winded to do on a regular basis)

  KM-000000024132 - What are the procedures to Upgrade and Migrate AR Server
on a Windows platform with SQL Server?

  Regards

  Timothy Clarkson

Checked by AVG Free Edition.