My question is what are you running (for example Remedy 7.x with ITSM), also
what database?

What we have done here is create two systems, one production and one
development, that are identical. We are running on Oracle. So after any
production patching, I have our DBAs refresh our development environment
with the production database. We need to address the e-mail mailboxes, the
CAI form and that is about it.

I hope that helps

Howard

--