We have a form with several views used globally to submit trouble
tickets via the Mid Tier as a Guest user. Basically, any employee could
visit the page.  In the past, we'd experienced some Caught Exception
errors when the page would load; flushing the MT cache seemed to be one
of the fixes, although we never nailed it down 100%.

In the past few days, we started getting calls about several of the
views (Hungary, France, Germany, etc.) receiving the error.  We would
check the web page ourselves and maybe see the error, maybe not.  Some
of those reporting the problems were doing a little investigating on
their own and found that removing the Microsoft KB943460 patch cleared
up the problem (putting it back on would re-create the problem).  Some
have Windows 2000, some XP.  Some have Internet Explorer 6, some have 7.
One site reported consistent problems with the patch, IE6, and WinXP.  I
have the same set up and am not currently having the problem.  We've
even changed our alias and pointed our Dev MT server to the Prod forms
and are getting the same problem, so the actual MT server isn't to
blame.  Is anyone out there experiencing some odd behavior that you
think might relate to our situation?  I figure that if the MS patch was
the culprit, there'd be lots of screaming on the List, but I'm not
seeing that, either.

Any ideas, insights, suggestions, or winning lottery numbers would be
appreciated.

Curt

Curt A. Schryver
Action Request System Administrator