Are you on Mid Tier 6.3?  We are specifically using Mid Tier 6.3 patch
21 server with Apache Tomcat 5.5.9 and using JBoss Java version
1.4.2_09.
All of these are support by BMC but we are getting reports of this same
kind of error after I had worked on a number of form updates and
enhancements on the system.

Here is the actual message we get:

Caught exception :'mHaveVisualCharacteristics' is null or not an object.

It seems to be only a warning message so its not a show stopper.
This error strangely enough only is a problem for specific user accounts
who log into the Mid tier but not others.
Any efforts we have done to refresh the Mid Tier Cache have not resolved
the issue nor have clearing IE temporary internet files, history, or
cookies for any PC.

At some point though for one user who was getting the error the error
went away a few days later but now another user is getting this error.

I talked with a consultant about this and the best reason we could come
up with is the fact that this environment is on a DMZ and accessing it
from a PC that is inside firewalls the proxy is not pulling down all the
changes and the form and its objects are not coming down to the IE
session correctly.

However I dont know if there is any way to restart this and get the IE
browser to pull the files/data from the proxy (maybe a Mid Tier
restart?)

Thanks
Peter Lammey
ESPN MIT Technical Services & Applications Management
860-766-4761