Craig,

I think this might work...

Export all the records from the User form to an arx file EXCEPT the Demo
user account that you are working with (assumption) that has Administrative
access.

Delete all the records from user_cache EXCEPT the Administrative user
account that you are working with (Demo as per my assumption)...

Import the records that you exported back to the user form with the
preference to 'Update all records with new records'. This will maintain the
Entry ID / Request ID as it should..

This should create your new user_cache entries for every record that you
import into the user form..

Warning: Performing this task on 240 K records may mean you will be doing
this for a long long time..

Cheers

Joe

PS: If there is any filter on delete on the user form that deletes
corresponding entries in forms like SHR:People or CTM:People (depending on
what ITSM application version you are on if you are using any ITSM apps),
disable them. Disable any filters on MERGE on the user form that may add
records to forms like CTM:People or SHR:People.. If its a home grown
application make sure whatever you have defined on the user form to create
records on your home grown applications user base does not delete or add
entries there during the process of deleting or importing... Nothing like
doing it on a test system first if you have that luxury if you can duplicate
this problem on your test system..