  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary Dries
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Issues with building a view over a DB Link

**
I have created a Oracle (10g) to MSSQL (2003) dblink, I am able to create
the view, but I get sever fields that retrun the error
"Failure during SQL operation to the database : ORA-00904: "ADDRESS1":
invalid identifier (ARERR 552)."
We are researching several possible issues, such as permissions, and the
build of the table that I am creating the view of.
One suggetion I found searching the list is to create the view in Oracle to
the SQL db and then create the Remedy view to the Oracle view.

Is it possible to create a view from a view, and if it is, can the data in
the SQL table be modifed from Remedy in this view of a view of a SQL table?
--
Gary Dries

html___