Gary,

The short answer is yes a view of a view can be modified.  There are a
couple caviates here.

One. The request ID field in remedy.  I suspect from your error message that
you have the address1 column matched to column 1 on the view form.  even
with view forms, Remedy needs a unique identifier field, like the request
ID.

Two.  You have to make sure that the link is setup for you to be able to
write to the table from your oracle database.

Basically, if it can be done in the database, then you can make Remedy do it
very easily.
HTH,

Brian Goralczyk