If you wanted to make something very generic and portable that wouldn't
depend on what applications the customer had, you could create a Remedy form
that your application would use as a primary repository into which to dump
its data (by whatever means you plan to use to put it there).

Then it would be just a matter of doing the mapping from that form into
whatever form the customer wanted.  Any competent Remedy programmer could do
that.

Rick