The Web Service API is interesting.
However - to get it to work - you need a Remedy developer - to do something
to production -- in this case they would need to make a web service for a
form.
(Often times that can be a big deal -- and may not be able to be done for
quite some time - based on change windows etc)

This is where Klink or XMLGateway are interesting -- either would allow you
to interact with Remedy using PHP (or whatever language) without having the
Remedy administrator do anything.

I do wish BMC would add this type of functionality straight to the ARServer.
It would allow any language/system to interact with Remedy - without making
the Remedy developer to have to do something every time somebody else wants
to get data out.

So - if you are making a product -- you probably want to make the install as
easy as possible - and "No install at all" onto the Remedy production server
is easiest. You would setup a config file on your system with things like
servername
userid
passwd
form_to_submit
fieldmap1
And you program can grab that - then connect to Klink - and send off the
info.

-John

John David Sundberg
235 East 6th Street, Suite 400B