Well, I'm glad to see they're listening, but it does beg this question:
Their own PS people are plenty smart, and have, no doubt, offered
suggestions for improvements of this type before.  Certainly the customers
and outside developers and consultants have complained about this for
years.  What changed recently to finally get their attention?  They finally
read the ITIL manual on Release Management?

Rick