You didn't mention what kind of configuration you're using. for example:

-          Is your DB local or remote?

-          Are there other databases using the same server?

-          What is your thread allocation like?

-          Are there scheduled or adhoc reports running against IM?

-          Are you updating your DB statistics regularly?

-          Have you modified the IM indexing at all?

Just a few questions that come to mind. J

Thanks & good luck!

Matt R.